Images by Mimosa Photography.
Brickhouse Vineyard is a romantic, family run British vineyard venue offering a stunning English countryside location with a historic twist. The lovingly restored 18th century, Grade II listed thatched Round House, overlooking the vineyard, is licensed for legal weddings and ceremonies.
Owner Joanna is here to tell you all about this beautiful spot in the Devonshire countryside…
Notes from Brickhouse Vineyard
Tucked away in the idyllic Devon hills, set in 20 acres of fields and woodland, Devon weddings just don’t get more beautiful than this. We welcome all; whether you’re a party of up to 50, or it’s just the two of you, same-sex marriages and more. Your dogs and children are also invited to join you on your special day.
At Brickhouse Vineyard, we believe that some things in life deserve thought, care and time to ensure they are perfect! That’s why we have chosen to take an artisan approach to our weddings. The hallmarks of artisan weddings are simple: limited numbers, our personal involvement in each wedding, and working with the best local suppliers needed to create the wedding that each of our couples want.
Artisan weddings at Brickhouse Vineyard
We apply these artisan principles to all we do – from the care we take to grow the vines in our vineyard to the renovation of the unique 18th Century Round House, to the intimate weddings that we host.
What this means is that in choosing the Brickhouse Vineyard for your intimate wedding venue we’ll always:
- Take time to understand what you want on your wedding day and recommend suitable, like-minded wedding day service suppliers such as a photographer, hair and make-up artist, florist and caterer, plus any other services you require. We take time to get to know local suppliers and will ensure they have not only have the right skills, but also bring the vibe you’re are looking for to your wedding day. Equally if you want to choose other suppliers, we are happy to work with your chosen team.
- Work with suppliers who are also small local businesses providing artisan services to really add the bells and whistles to your day. Be it fresh local flowers, locally produced food prepared by your chosen caterers or maybe even sampling some of our own wines, we can assure you of a completely unique celebration that reflects your preferences and ideas.
- Treat every wedding day as a special occasion. That means we never have more than one wedding each weekend and one mid-week. We want to give you our full attention and have the time and space to ensure every wedding day is as each of our couples envisaged, if not better.
- Be flexible and accommodating to your needs meaning you can choose the time of your ceremony, how you decorate and style the Roundhouse, where you have photography in the grounds and we welcome well behaved dogs and children.
- Only have you and your wedding party plus any service suppliers you require on site for the duration of your wedding day hire. We only offer exclusive hire terms giving you total privacy and the space to relax and enjoy your day without distraction or interruption. You’ll also have our undivided attention.
- Not have a pre-determined tick list for your day, we’ll work with you and advise, but ultimately we’ll manage your day in line with your requirements.
- Not be constrained by the traditional wedding season. We offer weddings year-round as we believe that the changing seasons provide the perfect backdrop to different styles of weddings and the particular feel each couple wants to create. Although there is nothing more romantic than a winter elopement in our book!
Venue Brickhouse Vineyard
Photography Mimosa Photography
Stylist Rock To Confetti
Hair Brigitte Fisher
Make Up Emma Roberts
Dress Days of Grace
Hairpiece The Lucky Sixpence
Flowers Winsor Flower Studio
Stationery Knots & Kisses