Originally built to house cattle overnight, The Night Yard was transformed into a wedding and events venue in 2014, preserving the history and charm of the original building. Located 10 minutes from Canterbury, which is less than an hour from London via the fast train, it is easily accessible to guests from all over the country.
As an award-winning wedding venue in the heart of the Kentish countryside, the philosophy of The Night Yard is flexibility. Surrounded by acres of apple orchards, The Night Yard provides couples with a neutral palette, allowing you to dress the venue to match the wedding of your dreams. With a portfolio of handpicked suppliers, the day can be created to suit you.
Under the eaves in the intimate courtyard, you and your guests can be mesmerised by the beauty of love, and soothed by the open space lawn. The Courtyard is an outdoor wedding ceremony option situated at the heart of the venue, licensed for civil ceremonies with a unique set-up. It allows for you to walk down the aisle together, as a couple, with its two gated entrance: how romantic! After your ceremony, it will be transformed into a whimsical open space for you and your loved ones to enjoy drinks and delicious canapés before your wedding breakfast in The Glasshouse.
There is no place as calming as The Night Yard’s Glasshouse. To ease those ceremony nerves, this stunning indoor option, also licensed for civil ceremonies, gives you all the space, air and light to make your wedding day as tranquil as can be. With oak flooring, warm festoon lighting and dimmable chandeliers to fit the mood of your wedding, this is the perfect spot to tie the knot. The space can then be transformed into your reception and evening celebration setting.
Plus so much more…
The Gallery is a flexible space with cosy seating which can be used throughout the day to take a moment and reflect over your wedding day. With vaulted, beamed ceilings and large bright doors, it can be used to house so many things – from photo booths to dance machines!
The Snug begins as a secret entrance to get ready before the ceremony and remains open throughout the day for the couple to freshen up.
The Bar is always a popular location during any wedding, so with a fully stocked and staffed bar included in the hire price, your guests won’t go thirsty!
Animals are welcome, as long as they are well behaved. For an extra sweet entrance why not have your furry friend walk with you down the aisle?
The Orchard is an idyllic location for your wedding photography, or a moment away together from your guests, admiring the acres of apple orchards that surround you.
- Exclusive use of the venue from 09:00am on the day of your event until the time as specified in your Confirmation of Booking email. Friday and Saturday dates have access until 11:30pm and midweek dates have access until 11:00pm
- We can accommodate receptions up to 240 people (140 day guests and an additional 100 evening guests). We also offer bespoke packages for larger weddings
- Onsite venue coordination and unlimited planning meetings
- Choice of two designated ceremony areas (Under the Eaves and The Glasshouse)
- The Gallery
- The Snug
- Stunning Glasshouse with festoon lighting, oak flooring, dimmable bespoke lighting with room for formal dining for up to 140 guests
- Toilet and cloakroom facilities
- Vintage ‘chill out’ corner
- Fully staffed, stocked and licensed bar
- Fully licensed wedding venue
- Guest Wi-Fi
- 12 variegated decorative trees in rustic wooden baskets
- Vintage cake table
- Cake knife
- 6ft round tables and 6ft x 3ft trestle tables available
- Chiavari chairs with velvet cream seat pads
- Wooden folding ceremony chairs
- Outdoor furniture
- Grass courtyard
- Great photographic opportunities with Bertie our vintage tractor and in the apple orchards
- Overnight storage facilities
- Car parking for up to 80 cars
- Indoor and outdoor power sockets
- Fantastic sound system throughout the venue
- Wireless microphone for speeches is available on request
- Well-behaved pets are welcome at the owner’s responsibility
The venue is exclusively available to you from 09:00 – 23:00 (Monday – Thursday) or 09:00 – 23:30 (Friday and Saturday) on the day of your wedding. This is subject to licensing regulations and any restrictions on your chosen date.
The beauty of The Night Yard is that you can decorate it however you wish - we provide the canvas, you provide the paint! There are numerous styling opportunities; cable ties and Blue Tack may be used, but we do not allow screws, nails or staple guns. If you need any help or inspiration, we are on hand to help!
Catering is not included in the hire price for the venue. However, we have a list of four handpicked suppliers who we work closely with. Whether you would like a traditional three course wedding breakfast or a relaxed BBQ, we are certain that you will find what you desire with our caterers. Please see our catering tab under the weddings heading on our website for more information.
We have a fantastic onsite bar which will be fully stocked and staffed on your day. We also have a comprehensive drinks package which can be completely customised to suit you!
We do not allow any drinks purchased off-site to be brought into the venue.