Nestled at the foothills of the Black Mountains on the border of Wales & Herefordshire, The Barn at Drovers is located just outside the famous book-town of Hay on Wye. This stunning organic 16th century Farm is surrounded by meadows, fields and forest. The Farm would not look out of place in the South of France with all its glorious stone buildings!
- 2.5 hours from London
- 2 hours from Bristol
- 1 Hour from Cardiff
Hosting “Cool Weddings in the Sticks!” this venue suits couples who love nature, the earth, animals and those wild at heart lovers who are looking for something different. There are no lace curtains, round tables, white linen table cloths, doilies, lists of do’s and don’ts! The Barn at Drovers are on a mission to change things bringing a sense of play, informality, style and creativity to their venue. The result is a fabulous place buzzing with energy and ideas with a far richer experience for guests.
Gather your friends & family and celebrate your wedding for a whole entire weekend in the countryside. Get back to nature and sleep under the stars at this family-run, organic farm in Hay on Wye. Enjoy home grown wild feasts, cooked fresh on open fires. Roam freely on their 40 acres of farm, fields and forest, yours exclusively for your 3-day wedding weekend celebration.
Venue hire includes:
- Exclusive use of the farm and all indoor and outdoor spaces for your 3-day weekend (Fri-Sun)
- Use of two barns – a posh award-winning recently renovated stone threshing barn and a rustic outdoor agricultural barn
- Capacity for ceremonies and receptions for up to 80 seated guests
- Use of Celebrants (no registry licence at the venue)
- All tables, chairs, crockery, cutlery, sofas, vintage crates
- Straw bales available for outdoor ceremonies
- Speakers and music system available
- Set up of ceremonial and dining space
- Fully licensed and staffed bar onsite, with drinks tailored to your requests, all at reasonable prices
- Late night licence until 1am
- Fire pits for keeping cosy or evening marshmallow roasting
- Dog friendly & kids clubs available
- Minimum number of 40 people
- Green initiatives to minimise your wedding environmental footprint reducing waste, CO2 emissions and recycling
There is disabled access to the barns, toilet access and all the Glamping tents are on a single level. Cottages have bedrooms upstairs but a downstairs bed can be arranged.