Discover a magical setting on the border of Shropshire and Cheshire where lifelong memories are made. Combermere Abbey sits within acres of rolling parkland, ancient woods and walled gardens, providing a secluded and special place for you to celebrate your big day in style.
Exchange your vows in the unique Glasshouse; a stunning circular building with all-encompassing views. Flooded with natural light and surrounded by a charming fruit tree maze, it’s an enchanting place to say ‘I do’. When the sun is shining, head out into the maze itself and hold your ceremony al fresco with views of the idyllic gardens all around. For religious ceremonies, there are an abundance of local churches within easy reach of Combermere Abbey.
Following your ceremony, enjoy welcome drinks and canapés with your guests around the maze and Glasshouse, before walking through to the picturesque Pavilion lawn. An elegant marquee, the Pavilion’s spacious interior boasts a well-stocked bar, versatile dining space and dance floor with glass doors opening directly on to a terrace overlooking the gardens. The neutral and luxurious décor is ideal for creating your perfect style for celebrating.
Exceptional food and impeccable service are at the heart of every wedding at Combermere Abbey. Talented catering companies offer you both choice and quality for your wedding breakfast. As the sun goes down, dance the night away under the starry ceiling and chandeliers in the Pavilion while fairy lights in the trees beyond set the scene for your evening party.
Combermere Abbey offers exquisite overnight accommodation for up to 49 guests in the converted stable cottages where crackling fires and plush furnishings make the rooms truly inviting. Spend your first night as a married couple in the North Wing of the Abbey itself. With private entrance, butler service and views over the mere… you might never want to leave!
- Indoor civil ceremonies in the elegant Glasshouse, seating up to 120. Alternatively, outdoor ceremonies can take place in the fruit maze or underneath the Garden Arbour.
- Dining for up to 120 in the Pavilion with bar area, dance floor and terrace.
- The beautiful 1927 Crossley Motor Car, available for use on the estate and a wonderful backdrop for photographs.
- Stone Lodge, your accommodation the night before your wedding. Sleeping up to 4 guests, it’s the perfect place for the bride and her maids to prepare for the big day.
- Luxury accommodation for up to 49 guests in self-catering cottages. For the newlyweds, the exquisite North Wing of the Abbey with Nina Campbell interior design, butler service and views over the mere.