Images by Hannah Duffy Photography.
I’ve written about GreenAcres Woodland Weddings before but I can tell you now, I never tire of this beautifully peaceful collection of venues scattered across the UK.
We cover three of their locations and you can read more about Chiltern in Bucks here and Colney in Norfolk here. But I’d love you to scroll to discover the upcoming Open Days (this weekend folks!) across all sites. This is a wonderful opportunity to see these woodland wedding venues, chat to the teams about your plans and take advantage of their special 10% discount.
The images I’ve used to illustrate are from our Celebrate the Journey shoot, it was a wonderful chance to style the Chiltern venue last May with an incredible team of wedding suppliers. Scroll to see yummy boho inspiration, a carpet of bluebells and of course all the details you need about the upcoming Open Days…
Notes from GreenAcres Woodland Weddings
Hello and it’s absolutely lovely to be with you today on Coco! It’s an exciting week for us all here at GreenAcres as we’re getting ready to welcome lots of fantastic couples, just like you, to our Open Days this Sunday, 22nd April. Between 11am and 3pm, our woodlands will be open, our teams will be on hand and we’d love to welcome you to show you more.
Woodland weddings really are very special and our woodlands are the perfect place for a wedding. Award-winning buildings, meandering paths, towering trees, sunlit glades and all the romance EVER all comes together at GreenAcres.
We’re the incredibly lucky custodians of three beautiful woodland wedding venues. Chiltern in Buckinghamshire, Colney in Norfolk and Rainford in Merseyside all have their own attractions and their own unique feel. Think bluebells, wildflower meadows and the most amazing photographic backdrops. It’s wedding day bliss.
Our venues will also be welcoming some of our favourite suppliers on the day too and you’ll have plenty of opportunity to talk to our wedding experts. If you’ve got any questions about your day, if you’d like to discuss our packages or chat about doing something a little different, we’re here for you.
Your wedding is the start of the next chapter in your lives together – it deserves an exquisite backdrop and a venue that gives you the time and space to celebrate your marriage with those you love the most. Come along to our Opens Days on 22nd April and, if you book your wedding with us on the day, we’ll give you a rather lovely 10% discount off our 3-hour package.
Visiting Our Woodlands
So, now you’ve decided to come and visit us, here’s how to make the most of your visit to your woodland wedding venue:
- Because our woodlands grow and change every day, have a good look around every time you visit. You might find somewhere new for photos or suddenly one spot might look different when the bluebells appear or the leaves change colour. If you first visited us in the winter months, you’ll notice huge changes every season so explore because you’ll never know what you might find.
- Think about your guests. Walk through the woodland with your guests in mind. Do you have guests with young children or guests with mobility issues who might need our help to get around? We understand that woodland paths aren’t always easy to negotiate so if we need to provide extra assistance, we absolutely can.
- Ask us questions! We’re here to help you so when you visit, ask us all of those burning questions that have been buzzing in your brain. If you need recommendations or advice, we’re always happy to help and if you just want to talk through ideas to check what might work best, this is your time.
- Tell us your plans. Let us know what you’ve got planned so that we’re as up to date as possible. We will of course meet before the day to go through the details but we love to hear your plans so tell us everything – you really can’t tell us too much.
- Snap plenty of photos. Photos of the woodlands can really help your suppliers and they can help you too as you’re planning your decorations and even the format of the day. These images are great to have in your wedding planning file for reference (and they look amazing on your social feeds too!)
- Bring your suppliers to visit us too. If you’re coming along to visit us, why not arrange to meet your suppliers too? Florists, photographers, caterers and more might all need site visits before the big day so do check with them and then just let us know who to expect.
- Take your time. There’s no rush and no hurry when you’re with us so take your time in the woodland. This is your space, your special place and your visit. We’re looking forward to welcoming you.
If you’ve got any questions ahead of the Open Days or if you’d like to arrange a time for a personal showround, do get in touch with us and we’ll be very happy to help.
Photography Hannah Duffy Photography
Videography Roost Film Co.
Creative Direction & Styling Emma Hla, Coco Wedding Venues
Shoot Management & Planning Katrina Otter, Katrina Otter Weddings
Creative Consultancy Coco & Kat
Florist Verity & Thyme
Hair & Make-up Artist Tori Harris
Bridal Dresses Cherry Williams London
Jewellery Zoe & Morgan
Headpiece Perfect Day Bride
Stationery & Signage Merrie & Bright
Furniture Hire Hire Love
Velvet VOWS book elmo PAPERSTORIES
Vows written by Tamryn Lawrence at Wild & Oak
Silk Ribbons Kate Cullen
Special thanks to Models Ellie & Mark at Blakes Models