High House is a stunning wedding venue set in six acres of landscaped gardens and rolling meadow in the Essex countryside. Offering a luxurious yet quaint setting, High House is exclusively yours for your perfect wedding day.
They are located in a village called Althorne which is in the rural Essex countryside, approximately 30 minutes from Chelmsford. The closest town is 5 minutes away, Burnham On Crouch.
Althorne station is on the main train line into London Liverpool Street (an approximate 50 minute train journey into London).
This relaxed venue provides the perfect setting for your wedding day. Couples are able to create the atmosphere they wish within their beautiful events spaces.
High House has the following spaces which are available exclusively to their couples on their wedding day:
Their friendly, professional, knowledgeable, award-winning Event Management team are here to help you every step of the way. In booking your wedding with High House you are assured of the support from their dedicated team both in the lead up to and for the duration of your wedding day.
High House work exclusively with their catering partner Valentine Cuisine. They understand the importance of serving exceptional food on your wedding day and with their wealth of experience in serving guests the very best menus, Valentine Cuisine ensure this is the case. From a formally seated three course wedding breakfast menu, to afternoon tea and informal seated barbeques, Valentine Cuisine will work with you in creating the perfect menu for your day.
High House can accommodate 120 day guests for a ceremony and seated dinner, followed by an additional 30 guests in the evening (maximum evening capacity of 150 guests).
Your wedding party has exclusive use of the venue, (marquee, barn and grounds) on the date of your wedding and in line with the timings outlined below:
- Access to the bridal dressing room from 09:00 until the time of the ceremony on the day of the wedding.
- Access to the barn is from 13:00 – 18:00
- Access to the marquee is from 13:00 - midnight
- The bar will close at 23:30
- Entertainment will cease at 23:30
- All guests are to vacate the site by midnight
- The couple have use of the Cottage from 15:00 on the day of the wedding, until 10:00 the following day
The hire charge is exclusive of:
- Registrar fees
- Any additional furniture/décor you require for your special day
- Insurance for specific requirements unique to your wedding not covered by High House Weddings own insurance (to be discussed subject to your requirements)
Absolutely! We have our beautiful thatched gazebo. The decision on where to hold your ceremony can be made on the day, subject to weather conditions.
With the exception of music during the wedding ceremony there is to be no amplified music anywhere on site prior to 18:00. From 18:00 amplified music within the marquee and run through the integral sound system is permitted until 23:30. This sound system absorbs the sound, concentrating it on the dance floor.