Image by Imogen Xiana.
Did you spot our guide to planning a marquee wedding on Monday…? Well, if you didn’t then I’d highly recommend grabbing 5 minutes to read the wise words of our planning expert Katrina Otter Weddings. Kat’s covered it all – from finding the site, deciding on design, understanding practicalities, quotes and suppliers through to being nice to you neighbours!
If you have already read the post and decided canvas is for you, then take a little browse through this sample of venues. From marquee suppliers through to venues with marquee-lawns or permanent marquee structures, there’s bound to be a venue that ticks your particular box.
The marquee Collection
The Pearl Tent Company
The Pearl Tent Company is a Marquee hire company of distinction. Their aim is to provide excellence in both tents and service. Made in the UK from the finest white canvas, this juxtaposition of Eastern style and Western practicality is the essence of Pearl Tents success – making them the choice of the top wedding planners.
These unique wedding marquees are as stunning inside as they are out. The dramatic pyramid top creates a luxurious vaulted ceiling providing the ultimate light and airy wedding venue. From initial contact, to post event clear-up, the team strive to please with their bespoke service. Each and every wedding is treated with the importance it deserves.
Set in drop dead gorgeous country side in West Dorset, near the World Heritage site of the Jurassic coast, and the beaches at West Bay and Lyme Regis, this is a hidden gem like no other. With 360 degree jaw-dropping views, and no neighbours it is a must for a weekend wedding full of chilling, partying and fun.
Taking over Axnoller means having the most extraordinary estate, with ancient buildings converted to house cool contemporary interiors, as yours. With a small retinue of handpicked staff (only there when you need them) and 2 planners who know just how to throw a fabulous party, you cannot be in better hands. They can recommend traditional marquees or something a little more alternative – the choice is yours!
Image by Heart Full of Tea.
We absolutely recognise that some of you will want to have your furry friends be witness to your big day… Thankfully, quite a few of the venues in our collection get this too! So we have a rather healthy Pet Friendly Collection and we thought we’d share just a small selection with you today, alongside some tips if you are considering having your fur babies present!
For the purpose of this exercise, I’m using man’s best friend as the obvious example…
- First of all, discuss with the venue. Event if the venue states it’s pet friendly it’s always best to check in and give them plenty of notice! Especially if food, water and a place to sleep needs to be arranged.
- Consider the day’s events and understand where your gorgeous pooch is going to be spending most of his or her time. Weddings can be quite a long day and, much like children at weddings, you’ll need to think about the practicalities of who will be looking after your pet when they’re not by your side.
- Give some notice to your guests that your dog will be present, just in case there are any friends who may have allergies or a slight aversion to your guest of honour!
- Likewise, give your photographer a heads-up if there are any photographs you would like so that you can factor in this time.
- Remember, whilst it’s a Pinterest perfect idea to have your pet at your wedding – the reality doesn’t always match up. Think about your dogs personality and how they will react to large, excited crowds. How are they with children…? Are they happy to be stroked…? Do they need plenty of attention or prefer quiet spaces…? It’s important their health and comfort is put first.
- Whilst dressing your dog in cute outfits might be your jam, on a hot summers day he/she might not be thanking you very much. Stick to simple collars or leads that match your colours or wedding style. If you follow us on Instagram you may have spotted our love for Cupid Collars! These guys create gorgeous silk and faux floral collars and we’re big fans.
So with all of that ticked off, here’s some fetching venues for you and your four-legged friends!
The Pet Friendly Collection
Award-winning Chaucer Barn is located on the edge of the village and has 4 acres of landscaped grounds and a further 16 acres of parkland for their guests to enjoy. Chaucer Barn has a relaxed, rustic and unique vibe offering luxurious and stylish informality in a tranquil and imaginative setting.
Coombe Trenchard is a beautiful Edwardian Country House wedding venue set within 116 acres of beautiful gardens, woodland and parkland, with views towards Dartmoor. A Modern Vintage treasure, both house and gardens are redolent of the high Arts & Crafts style of the belle époque.
Feature Image by Katherine Ashdown Photography.
This is the story of Sam & Sam and their colourful wedding day at Chaucer Barn, Norfolk. The Couple married in a rustic summer haze on 14th August, 4 years after they met for their first date and 16 months after Sam proposed!
“We spent all morning fixing some LED lights in our Campervan. As a reward for helping he took me out for a fancy lunch and a walk on Hampstead heath. As we were walking I saw a beautiful tree and suggested we climb it. As we were sat high in the branches Sam produced a ring and proposed. I nearly fell out the tree! He did of course get down on one knee once we were safely back down on the ground…”
So come on folks, come and meet these two lovebirds and see how they styled out Chaucer Barn for their fabulous outdoor wedding day, all beautifully captured by Coco friend, Katherine Ashdown Photography…
Notes from the Bride
Images by Katherine Ashdown Photography.
I’m thrilled to welcome Chaucer Barn to Coco Wedding Venues, the venue directory of choice for the discerning Bride & Groom. With 20 acres of landscaped gardens and grounds, and luxury accommodation for 18 guests, the award-winning Chaucer Barn makes the perfect year-round private retreat for smaller intimate groups or larger weddings. During the summer,
The first time I encountered the dreamy work of Katherine Ashdown was back in 2012.
Sat in a coffee shop with my wedding magazine of choice, planning and plotting my own W-Day, I came across two gems. The first being my beloved Narborough Hall, and the second being Katherine Ashdown Photography.
Since then, Coco Wedding Venues has come along and Katherine’s work became entwined with my own as she started to make an appearance in the galleries for the Coco venues. So, I asked this lovely lady to swing on by the blog to share with us some of her favourite images and tell us a little bit about her style and ethos…
There’s sparkly shoes that Dorothy would be jealous of, wedding gowns to-die-for, fluttering first kisses, a gold grecian crown and one dog. Yes, a dog.
Oh and a rather tantalising offer, just for you Coco readers!
Notes from Katherine Ashdown Photography
Images by Katherine Ashdown Photography.