Say ‘I do’ in a stunning pocket of plush Dorset countryside, next to the nation’s finest manor house, sip Champagne with your loved ones overlooking formal gardens and water features, and dine al fresco on the lawn. At Mapperton your wedding will be effortlessly elegant and unforgettable.
Mapperton is an enchanting manor house built in the 1540s and surrounded by picturesque gardens, which were used as the backdrop for the most romantic period drama of 2015, Far from the Madding Crowd. The site is also home to All Saints Church, a medieval church boasting stained glass windows, beautiful carvings and angels on either side of the alter.
Explore further and you’ll find pretty paths leading to archways and ponds, angular trees lining your route and the scent of roses and lavender hanging in the air, making this an exquisite setting that feels both sophisticated and welcoming.
You’ve free reign of the grounds on your special day, and can glide seamlessly from celebration to celebration. From your civil ceremony in the Garden Pavilion to an intimate blessing at the candelabra-lit church, to your wedding breakfast on the Croquet Lawn and drinks in the Orangery, the beauty of Mapperton will perfectly frame your big day.
There’s ample space to tailor the wedding of your dreams to Mapperton – pop up a marquee for your meals, have a hog roast or serve cocktails and canapés with an excellent view of the rolling hills above. Pose for pictures under swooping branches or set up a photo booth, and let children and grown-ups alike make memories with you, exploring secret gardens and hidden grottoes as the sun sets.
- Beautiful country house and gardens in Beaminster, Dorset with exclusive access to the expansive and romantic gardens on your wedding day.
- Garden Pavilion licensed for civil ceremonies and positioned next to a large lawn, which accommodates marquees for up to 400 guests.
- Seat 90 guests in the church, with space for musicians – the perfect setting for an intimate blessing ceremony.
- Recommended suppliers offer a great range of delicious locally-sourced food and outstanding flower arrangements to ensure every aspect of your special day suits you.
- Just 15 minutes from Crewkerne station and 20 minutes from Dorchester station, with direct links to London.