Nestled in the rolling hills of West Dorset stands Mapperton, family home to the Earl & Countess of Sandwich. Undiscovered, exclusive and wildly romantic, Mapperton was voted the UK’s finest manor house by Country Life magazine.
Exchange your vows in the elegant Garden Pavilion, then celebrate with champagne outside the majestic Orangery, with stunning views through the formal gardens into the tumbling countryside beyond. Then head over for your wedding breakfast to the impressive Coach House, recently converted into a magnificent entertaining space for up to 120 guests.
You have exclusive use of the grounds, gardens, Orangery and Coach House on your wedding day. The sprawling gardens descend from the main lawn through to the formal topiary and down to the wild garden, offering an outstanding unspoilt landscape. Couples can explore the pretty tree-lined paths which lead to secret archways and the pond, all the while enjoying the scent of roses and lavender hanging in the air.
Built in 1670, the Coach House at Mapperton is undergoing a complete renovation, and will re-open in May 2018 as an entertaining space which can accommodate up to 120 seated guests.
The meticulous renovation will retain all of the historic features, including exposed stonework, lath & plaster surfaces and full height ceilings with original trusses and cross-beams. A new biomass heating system will ensure plenty of warmth on colder days, while a high definition projector, professional sound system and controllable lighting will bring the venue into the 21st century. Alongside the main space is a second large room which will contain a fully-stocked & licensed bar.
While the Coach House will impress with its historic features and enduring charm, it is an entirely flexible space which can be decorated in a myriad of styles, whether you are going for a vintage theme or perhaps a more classical look.
With the launch of the Coach House, Mapperton will become one of Dorset’s most sought after wedding venues, and is only available for a limited number of days each year.
- Voted ‘the nation’s finest manor house’, Mapperton is a stunning country house wedding venue located near Beaminster, Dorset
- The Garden Pavilion and Coach House are both licensed for civil ceremonies
- The majestic Orangery is the perfect backdrop for your drinks reception, overlooking one of England’s most celebrated gardens
- Recently renovated Coach House provides flexible entertaining space for up to 120 seated guests, with licensed bar and breakout space, plus sound and lighting systems
- Main lawn can accommodate marquee for up to 400 guests
- Exclusive use of venue alone, or choose from vintage and classical packages which include dedicated wedding planning service
- 10% discount for all bookings made before May 2018