Wonderland is located in a rural location, 20 minutes North of Brighton down a private track, surrounded by downland views and farmland. It has a feeling of being completely remote, yet the local town is only a 10 minute walk away.
The site is owned by the creator of The Rabbit Hole Stage at Glastonbury – who knows how to put on a good party – which is probably why there’s a secret Arabian night-club, a double-decker tree-house, a lake surrounded by night-lighting, peacocks roaming free, and an Airstream with a mirrorball in the ceiling!
Wonderland is a Festival Wedding dream!
It has a stunning lake which provides a beautiful backdrop for the ceremony, with a rowing boat (great for photos!) and for the wedding breakfast is a ready-decorated and furnished marquee with views over the downs.
The recently built large outdoor courtyard is often used for reception drinks with a barbeque making it ideal for Sunday Brunch, and a double-decker treehouse is ideal for taking group shots from.
There is festival-style signage, festoon lighting around the lake, outdoor furniture, a fire-bowl and lots of creative décor throughout the stylishly presented guest accommodation, as well as a glamping field containing a Shepherds Hut and Airstream trailer, and the option of adding up to 10 bell tents for up to another 40 guests to stay in.
New for 2020 is a hot tub area by the lake.
All this is surrounded by picturesque open farmland and the South Downs.
This venue is ideal for couples looking for a laid-back, festival-style wedding.
In the surrounding areas there are plenty of hotels and train stations to choose from, all approx 20 minutes away including Haywards Heath, Hassocks, Wivelsfield and Porstlade, and the A23 takes 50 minutes to get to London and is just 10 minutes away.
‘Outdoor Wedding Venue 2019’ winner in The British Wedding Awards.
Wonderland has a quirky, intimate, festival-feel to it that has real ‘wow’ factor and creates an environment for friends relatives to have a relaxed weekend party together – it has to be seen to be experienced.
There is onsite accommodation within the large guest-house, Tiny House, Airstream and Dome tent to accommodate 20 friends and family in the heart of the party, with the Glamping field that can accommodate 10 decorated bell tents and space for some guests to bring their own tents too.
It costs £12,500 to hire exclusively from Friday – Sunday and includes everything you could possibly need, aside from food and drink (with lots of those available on request if needed).
What do you get?
- Decorated dining marquee for up to 120 guests provided through House of Hud, one of our absolute fave marquee suppliers who specialise in VIP areas at some of the UK’s best festivals
- Dining chairs and tables for the wedding breakfast
- Catering tent if needed
- Luxury toilet unit
- Shower Shack for glamping guests
- Outdoor lighting
- Outdoor furniture
- A self-contained after-party barn decorated in rich fabrics, lounge seating and a bar, that has to be seen to be believed!
- Sound system and disco lights for the party barn
- On-site accommodation for 20 guests within the quirky buildings/cabins
- The option to add (at an additional cost) 10 x bell tents for extra guest accommodation if needed
- Hot tub/ Spa area new for 2020
* Sleeps 20 inside and 40 in tents.