Coombe Trenchard is a beautiful privately owned Edwardian Country House set within 116 acres of stunning gardens, woodland and parkland, with enviable far reaching views to Dartmoor.
A Modern Vintage treasure, the house and gardens are redolent of the high Arts & Crafts style of the belle époque. Add to this heady mix a restored Coach House and striking Italian Terrace all purposely created for parties and celebrations, and you’ll be on the cusp of realising the unique qualities, and incredibly exciting potential of this West Devon wedding venue.
Coombe Trenchard is a setting unlike any other for an elegant yet relaxed wedding; offering exclusive use of a most charming and characterful home with many delightful features telling of it’s original design by Walter Sarel for the purpose of entertaining.
Owners Sarah and Philip Marsh have lovingly restored this Arts and Crafts beauty, and love to share it with others on carefully selected dates throughout the year. Those lucky enough to discover this West Devon gem, receive the warmest of welcomes from Sarah – who really is the perfect host.
Lovers of the outdoors will be captivated, for the Main House (complete with it’s own Clock Tower nonetheless) the Coach House, and the Italian Terrace, sit elegantly within the most glorious gardens and grounds where your every step will take you on a tranquil journey of great discovery.
Think terrace upon terrace, a woodland garden, bothy, croquet lawn, stream with historic bridge, wild flower meadow, an orchard, cutting garden and acres of parkland – all rich in colour, texture and scent, season by season, forming part of the formidable tapestry that makes Coombe Trenchard so very appealing.
- Inclusive on the day Wedding Co-ordination and extensive support throughout the planning process
- Use of the Main House, Coach House & Italian Terrace
- Stylish accommodation for the bridal party, featuring a tranquil and elegant three-roomed bridal suite
- Beautiful gardens and acres of grounds with woodland, wild flower meadow, croquet lawn and so much more
- Traditional garden games, fire pits, wood fired pizza oven, an enviable collection of vintage treasures, furniture, props and delightful finishing touches all tailored to each bespoke quotation
- Chat to Sarah about Coombe Trenchard’s beautiful cutting garden flowers, plants and herbs which can be grown for the bridal party blooms, or perhaps simply to complement your table and venue styling arrangements
- Real flower wedding confetti
- Pre-wedding supper, breakfast, and post-wedding brunch for the bridal party catered and hosted personally in-house if desired
- NEW for 2020 – In-house Bijoux Stable Bar for the wedding evening celebration, with a bespoke collection of artisan spirits and cocktails laced fresh garden herbs and edible flowers, craft beer and cider
- Principal event spaces and bathrooms are all situated at ground floor level with very easy access
From an outdoor ceremony under the Italianate Clock Tower, to something more formal within the panelled Grand Hall or ornamental Morning Room – a delicious choice of locations are available for civil ceremonies inside and out.
The dreamiest of drinks receptions can be held on the South Terrace during fine weather amidst billowing flower borders set against the rugged and beautiful backdrop of Dartmoor.
And whilst post ceremony drinks flow, your day will unfold just as you wish, with Sarah’s experienced, calm hands co-ordinating every aspect, and your hand picked caterers and wedding suppliers set to work their magic within the Coach House and Italian Terrace – restored to create a relaxed luxurious space for an inspired reception followed by dancing under the stars. The soft glow of candles, fairy lights, a log burner and fire pits creating the cosiest atmosphere as the sun goes down over the moor.
Coombe Trenchard really is a Devon treasure waiting to be discovered – offering everything you would possibly wish for under one seriously beautiful roof.
Take a peek at the gallery folks… It’s a must.
A wedding at Coombe Trenchard will always be as individual as you are, which means there’s no need to come armed with lots of guests if that just isn’t for you.
Elopement weddings work exceptionally well within the historic walls and picture perfect gardens of this private Edwardian Country House.
Owner Sarah will be thrilled to learn more about how you’d love your elopement wedding to take shape, and work with you to help you consider how that can become an idyllic reality for just the two of you, or a few more.