Image by Heart Full of Tea.
We absolutely recognise that some of you will want to have your furry friends be witness to your big day… Thankfully, quite a few of the venues in our collection get this too! So we have a rather healthy Pet Friendly Collection and we thought we’d share just a small selection with you today, alongside some tips if you are considering having your fur babies present!
For the purpose of this exercise, I’m using man’s best friend as the obvious example…
- First of all, discuss with the venue. Event if the venue states it’s pet friendly it’s always best to check in and give them plenty of notice! Especially if food, water and a place to sleep needs to be arranged.
- Consider the day’s events and understand where your gorgeous pooch is going to be spending most of his or her time. Weddings can be quite a long day and, much like children at weddings, you’ll need to think about the practicalities of who will be looking after your pet when they’re not by your side.
- Give some notice to your guests that your dog will be present, just in case there are any friends who may have allergies or a slight aversion to your guest of honour!
- Likewise, give your photographer a heads-up if there are any photographs you would like so that you can factor in this time.
- Remember, whilst it’s a Pinterest perfect idea to have your pet at your wedding – the reality doesn’t always match up. Think about your dogs personality and how they will react to large, excited crowds. How are they with children…? Are they happy to be stroked…? Do they need plenty of attention or prefer quiet spaces…? It’s important their health and comfort is put first.
- Whilst dressing your dog in cute outfits might be your jam, on a hot summers day he/she might not be thanking you very much. Stick to simple collars or leads that match your colours or wedding style. If you follow us on Instagram you may have spotted our love for Cupid Collars! These guys create gorgeous silk and faux floral collars and we’re big fans.
So with all of that ticked off, here’s some fetching venues for you and your four-legged friends!
The Pet Friendly Collection
Award-winning Chaucer Barn is located on the edge of the village and has 4 acres of landscaped grounds and a further 16 acres of parkland for their guests to enjoy. Chaucer Barn has a relaxed, rustic and unique vibe offering luxurious and stylish informality in a tranquil and imaginative setting.
Coombe Trenchard is a beautiful Edwardian Country House wedding venue set within 116 acres of beautiful gardens, woodland and parkland, with views towards Dartmoor. A Modern Vintage treasure, both house and gardens are redolent of the high Arts & Crafts style of the belle époque.
Ever After – A Dartmoor Wedding
Are you looking for an outdoor setting for your summer wedding that exudes romance and style..? Are you struggling to find a beautiful outdoor wedding venue where you’re part of the natural landscape, whatever the weather..? If so, Ever After – A Dartmoor Wedding could be just what you’re looking for… Ever After is set in 46 acres of landscaped gardens and woodlands in the Devonshire countryside.
The Bell in Ticehurst
The ambience at The Bell in Ticehurst is distinctly laid back, a little bit quirky and definitely not run of the mill. This fabulous old coaching inn has been lovingly refurbished – the perfect place to celebrate life, love and happiness. Wedding guests will delight in the quirkiness of this historic pub – it is a treasure trove of goodies and basically just very, very cool.
Marleybrook House is an immaculately presented 17th Century ‘chocolate box’ thatched farmhouse full of unique character, history and old world charm. The 5 acres of gardens, paddocks and woodland provide the perfect setting for a quintessential English country wedding.
One Marylebone is the epitome of romance, the perfect setting for a dream wedding ceremony and reception. Situated just moments from Regents Park with a private off-road entrance, the venue boasts three impressive versatile spaces, and landscaped courtyard garden. One Marylebone has been aptly described as ‘classic meets contemporary’.
Cliveden House is a privately owned 5 Red Star award-winning hotel in Berkshire, and sister to the world-renowned Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa in Hampshire. Their story is one of over 350 years of powerful personalities, debaucherous parties and scandalous affairs.
Coin Laundry is located at the top of Exmouth Market, close to the City they can be reached by St Pauls, Chancery Lane, Farringdon and Kings Cross stations. A great space with a quirky personality, Coin Laundry is a 70’s revival venue with great menus harking back to your youth but served with a modern twist.
Welcome to Hill Place, Swanmore, a Georgian country villa set within twenty acres of parkland. Hill Place is first and foremost a private home which gives you a hug as you walk in (as will the staff and the dogs!) It is most definitely not a corporate, cold, corridor laden old house; and they would not dream of dictating your day to you – the team are on-hand to make it what you want it to be.
Nestled in peaceful countryside, Hestercombe is a unique combination of beautifully restored gardens, all saved from disrepair and lovingly restored to their former glory over the last 20 years. With a selection of flexible locations for your ceremony and reception Hestercombe has a wonderfully romantic atmosphere.
Preston Court Wedding & Events Venue
Preston Court is a stand out venue with Georgian Country House, pretty barnyard with two magnificent 17th century oak barns, fully functioning Victorian carousel, fairground organs, as well as large gardens with lawns, lakes, and even a magical moated island where outdoor ceremonies can take place. There is a church on site and even the option to have a traditional fun fair!
The Ampersand Hotel’s unique concept is inspired by the capital’s world-famous museum district and the iconic ampersand symbol, which illustrates the hotel’s role in connecting its guests to the best of South Kensington. Whilst an intimate ceremony for up to 25 may suit you, couples are also more than welcome to only have the wedding celebration at the hotel – from private dinners, to cocktail receptions or afternoon teas.
Lots of love…