Feature image by Ben Selway Photography.
Is the thought of a large wedding making you a little afraid…? The expectation and pressure all getting a bit too much…? Or maybe you just want to be wrapped up in the sheer romance of it all, just the two of you…?
Why don’t you consider eloping…
But, I know what’s running you through your mind… You still want the full works! The beautiful dress, the stunning florals and of course yummy treats and a romantic candlelit feast. Well, thankfully Nicola at Ever After completely understands. In fact she insists on it!
Her motto is “mini scale, maxi style” and you can’t argue with that concept.
the Ever After elopement
We’ve put together everything a couple might need for a luxury micro wedding. For a single inclusive price we’ve got the venue, the bouquet, the photographer, the champagne and canapés and the wedding breakfast prepared by a private chef, plus overnight accommodation in our 18th Century honeymoon cottage.
What the couple can expect…
Everything is organized – the only thing you have to do is book the registrar, because we’re not allowed to do that for you. You have exclusive use of the venue for 24 hours from midday on the day of the wedding til midday the following day.
Up to 8 guests can be invited to your ceremony for an additional charge with champagne and canapés all round.
If you want to invite your guests to join you for a meal, we can arrange that too!
- Not everyone will agree with your decision so be prepared for different reactions to your choice.
- If you’re looking for exclusive use for your day, try to find a venue which specialises in elopements.
- You don’t have to comprise on style just because you’re eloping – the current trend is for mini scale, maxi style. You can still have that designer dress, fab professional photos, glorious flowers and gourmet food – look for suppliers who love elopements.
- Think about hiring a professional videographer to put together a mini film of your day for family and friends who weren’t there on the day.
- You don’t have to elope in a hurry, take your time and enjoy your planning, go frock-hunting, dive into pinterest – you’ve got a wedding to plan!
I know I certainly find this option tempting!
With hindsight, whilst it’s such a magical occasion and I adored my own wedding day, when the “if I could do it again” question pops up I do think about a much smaller wedding. An intimate, romantic getaway with my boy and our closest loved ones.
If you want to know a little more about Eloping at Ever After then you can download their handy brochure here! You can also contact the venue directly on Nicola@lowergrenofen.co.uk or call 0844 5000 501.
Lots of love…