Images by Katy Webb Photography.
A grand, 18th Century bohemian Chateau full of antiques and original charm is our star venue today in this relaxed yet inspiring styled shoot.
The Palladian influenced Chateau La Belotterie is set in the foothills of the Grand Casse, over-looking the Black Mountain. The venue, has its own private grounds of over 26 acres of lawns, streams, woodland and rolling green countryside.
It really is the most beautiful location for a humanist wedding in the gardens or within the the romantic ruined walls of the stone Orangery… or in the wondrous woodland aveune near the house!
Curator Anna is here to tell us a little bit more about this fabulous setting as well as touching on the styled shoot.
Notes from Chateau La Belotterie
The house is truly romantic and has a very welcoming and relaxed atmosphere – La Belotterie offers you a real, old fashioned taste of this beautiful area of the South of France.
If you would like a traditional ceremony there is a fantastic church within 3 mins drive or as mentioned, we have a wonderful array of spots dotted around the grounds for a humanist celebration. Wedding Receptions take place both within the gorgeous hall which has three huge windows and large stone steps down on to the receptions lawns. Here there are fantastic views of the Pyrenees mountains and the sunsets are stunning.
There are wonderful walks to explore as well as a swimming pool if you prefer to soak up some sunshine!
You can hire the house out for a week or a weekend for you and your wedding party to enjoy. The house has 7 large bedrooms and 4 large reception rooms. We welcome you to have entertainment and can help advise on the best local suppliers for florists, photography, catering, cake designers, transport, accommodation and so much more.
The Styled Shoot
We wanted to create something which was in keeping with the chateau, something grand and beautiful but unpretentious and fun. We plan La Belotterie weddings to be relaxed and for guests to feel like it’s their own home.
We designed some back drops using furniture and objects already within the house – huge old gilt Rococo mirror frames, antique Louis IV upholstered chairs, antlers, giant pine cones collected from La Belotterie’s own pine woods, a homemade tipi made from bamboo poles growing in the garden and fresh food from the local market and Patisserie in Castres. The dusty blue and soft pink colours of pom moms and lanterns were chosen to tie in with the brides dress colours, as well as the crockery.
The tiered tulle skirt is playful and a little bit theatrical! The dresses are all by Jarlo which combine amazing tailoring and elegance with incredibly reasonably prices. The button detail all the way down the back of the dusty blue dress guides your eye down to the fishtail – just so elegant and classic. The soft pink dress has such a feminine feel – the over sized bow on the back is such a simple yet chic statement.
We created all of the flowers ourselves. The bouquet was made using roses growing in the garden. The table decorations were foraged from the wild meadows farm and the lavender on the tables was picked fresh from La Belotterie’s gardens. We displayed the wild flowers in vintage mis matching old medicine bottles.
a wedding at chateau la belotterie
- Low season Rate (November – April): £7,990 per week
- High Season Rate (May – Oct): £9,700.00 per week.
You are provided with the following;
- Large Chateau with self catering accommodation sleeping 14 guests in 7 double bedrooms.
- Use of ground and rooms for wedding and evening receptions for up to 150 guests.
- Stretch tent for wedding reception, with all the dining chairs, dining tables, flooring and lighting.
- Use of Kitchen.
- Use of entire house.
- Games room – pool table, table tennis etc.
- Swimming pool.
- Cleaner/maid to ensure the house stays clean while the guests are staying.
- Waiting staff and management staff.
- Grand Chambre for Bride and Groom with ensuite bathroom.
- 6 further bedrooms with some shared bathrooms.
- Choice of two locations for your humanist/symbolIc marriage ceremony;
1. In front of the house in the beautiful ruins of the stone orangery.
2. In a wonderful woodland clearing, surrounded by mature pine and oak trees.
- Drinks receptions can then take place in the romantic ruins of the stone Orangery with views of the Italianate Chateau in the open air, or if the weather isn’t playing ball there will be a stretch tent provided for rain and shade. The wedding breakfast can served in on the lawns in front of the house, totally al fresco or under the shade of a canopy.
- Live music can be played by traditional local musicians and your guests can watch the sun go down over the hills in the distance.
We can advise on the best local Wedding Planners who will work with you (from the point of booking) to choose from a hand picked section of local suppliers, from florists to entertainment, make up artists, hairdressers, catering, transport for you and your guests, logistical planning, translation and photographers etc. This charge would be additional.
Additional charges to be considered prior to booking;
- Ceremony fees.
- Entertainment – singers, bands, acoustic bands etc.
- Photographer, florist etc.
We can advise on a basic schedule of events over a 5 day celebration, we can make suggestions for amazing local restaurants, supply details of when the markets are on, the best cafés nearby for a coffee or an aperitif, local walks, local places to visit, nearby lakes for swimming, art galleries, museums antique shops and so much more!
Lots of love!