Possibly Manchester’s most urban wedding venue, this original Victorian school house has been transformed into a chic luxury townhouse hotel. Tucked away but absolutely in the heart of the city, Great John Street is both old-style charm and elegance.
The unique atmosphere may charm and bewitch you from the moment you step inside, with the pewter bar, striking overhead chandelier and the showpiece south facing Rooftop Lounge & Playground, providing a glamorous setting for the very best of wedding parties, alongside 30 individually designed bedrooms and suites.
There are a variety of room and terrace combinations for hire that can be tailored to suit individual needs, Great John Street is a versatile venue able to accommodate intimate weddings of just close friends and family to the ultimate house party for up to 200 guests.
- Licensed for civil ceremonies in several areas.
- Formal sit-down wedding breakfast.
- Informal wedding breakfast includes the summer & winter BBQ or hog roast.
- Exclusive use of the hotel is available.
Private hire areas include:
- Rooftop Lounge & Playground for ceremonies and receptions up to 120 guests.
- Library or Headmaster’s office for more intimate ceremonies or private dining.
- Boy’s & Girl’s classrooms for family ceremonies and dinners.
- On the ground floor the Oyster bar, Library, mezzanine, kitchen and Headmaster’s office hold up to 200 guests.